DISCLAIMER:

I love my dog, football college is better than the NFL, coffee, wine, men and lots of swear words!! Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. These are mine. If you are going to be mean keep yours to yourself.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Loyalty and Gentlemen

So, this blog started in my head as the media started to hound Harbaugh and Luck just seconds after Stanford's victory in the Orange Bowl. The media pisses me off so much. I was screaming at my tv. "LET THEM ENJOY THE WIN... BACK OFF!!"
Do you really think either one of them was going to be like "hell yeah bitches I am moving on to bigger and better things I just won the Orange bowl what else do I need to accomplish here??" Seriously!!

Luck has 2 years of eligibility and an architecture degree ahead of him.
Yes, he was #2 in voting for the Heisman. Yes, I have read the stories how he will miss out on $40-$60 Million if he doesn't leave for the NFL on January 15th. The rookie pay caps should have been in place years ago but those are opinions are for another blog at another time.
But why can't the kid stay in school because he wants to enjoy college life a little longer. There are "kids" in college who are on the 7 year program because they are having so much fun and they don't even play sports so, they don't get the extra benefits of free drinks at the college bars, or free meals or tattoos depending on the school and they certainly aren't getting the unlimited supply of pussy like the athletes are!!
So, why wouldn't a kid who was #2 in Heisman voting and just had the best season of his schools history NOT want to stay and play for 2 more years?!?!

I don't want Jim Harbaugh to leave Stanford. I don't know why but I want him to stay with a program that he turned around in 4 years. I want to see more coaches show some loyalty. I know AD's don't show loyalty. Look what Luck's dad did to his head coach Bill Stewart... He hired Dana Holgorsen with a head coach in waiting tag after the 2011 season. Now the entire offensive staff has been let go except one coach. It is a crazy business. I feel sorry for the players. Everyone wants instant success. No time to develop players or programs.
I'm not saying you need to be at a school a JoePa length of time. But there is something to be said for coaches who stay that long and for schools who allow them to.

I think the players are learning first hand how NOT to be loyal. The coaches are supposed to be building up their football fundamentals while the school is giving them a degree and something to fall back on when the NFL doesn't work out.
They are also to some extent teaching these 18 year old boys and how to grow up and be "men".
But I am starting to believe that they are really teaching them how to always chase the greener grass.

Does it ever occur to anyone that all this "gotta have that it is better than what I have now" is what is causing men to cheat because some one "better" has come along??

YES, I know there are various reasons that men & women cheat again this is another blog in waiting.

There is no loyalty in football unless you are a rabid fan.
Even then the million dollar boosters have too much say in the head coach firing/hiring process.

I want the gentleman football coach back.
I want a coach like Jim Wacker who while he was TCU turned his football team into the NCAA for violating NCAA rules.
I want a coach like Tom Landry who stays with a team for 30 years or Jeff Fischer with the Titans.
I want some fucking loyalty!

I would not let my little brother play for the slime of the earth coaches like Saban, Leach or Spurrier.
Those men make my skin crawl. They may be proven winners but I don't think they have their players in mind when they run on a football field. The players are just pawns in their chess game to become #1.

There was a story I was told once about Saban. When he left Michigan State for LSU he sent a plane to East Lansing and told the coaches who ever got on the plane had a job at LSU.
Not one single coach got on that plane. That to me speaks volumes about the kind of man Saban is or perhaps the lack of man that he is.
The "I'm not going to the NFL" stunt was just the cherry on top of all that is shitty about Saban.

I could go on for days with all is wrong with football. But that will not accomplish anything!!
So, enjoy the rest of the bowl games!
Enjoy the NFL playoffs!

Talk to you soon!
-Kate





No comments:

Post a Comment