DISCLAIMER:

I love my dog, football college is better than the NFL, coffee, wine, men and lots of swear words!! Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. These are mine. If you are going to be mean keep yours to yourself.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Holidays!

My favorite part of Christmas is my dad's tree! 
(see below)

Every year my MN family does a huge ginormous tree. I LOVE IT! This picture doe NOT do it justice! 
It is about 15 - 18 feet tall. The lights are always on. I love to sleep on the couch when I stay during Christmas vacation just so I can sleep with all the Christmas lights.
It is the perfect tree! It has all sorts of old ornaments from when I was little and when my little brothers were little. There are ornaments with old dogs' names on them. Old pictures. Their tree just holds a super special spot in my heart.
Dad, Pat (mom2), and the siblings are going on a cruise this year (thanks to Pat's mom taking all her kids and grand-kids) I was invited but have opted out. 
Well, since they have to fly to Miami on Christmas day my parents are NOT doing a tree.
They are NOT doing any decorations. In fact tonight I was told there will be no presents or stockings. 
I am crushed! I don't need any presents- I don't have any issues with the gift thing.
But the fact that they aren't doing a tree I am seriously depressed.
I know it sounds stupid. :'(

Back in 2004 I had a really rough November my house was broken into and all my Christmas presents were stolen. Then December my grandpas passed away. I was not in a Christmas mood. I was sad and didn't feel like celebrating anything. I went to visit my dad like I do every year at Christmas and the tree was what put me back in the Christmas mood. I slept on the couch every night that visit so I could soak up the Christmas lights.

I know I will make it thru Christmas without the tree but I know it will feel like something is missing! 
Maybe I will pick up a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree so the house doesn't seem soo empty! 

Happy Holidays! 
Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment