DISCLAIMER:

I love my dog, football college is better than the NFL, coffee, wine, men and lots of swear words!! Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. These are mine. If you are going to be mean keep yours to yourself.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Friends who love you...


Disclaimer .... I'm not a writer so this will be full of errors. I write like I talk. All over the place and in run-on sentences. 
Enjoy! 

Friends are family we pick for ourselves.
I have picked a fantastic family of friends throughout my life.  
Most of the friends in my life have been here for 12+ years. Some longer. Very few shorter than that. 
When you connect with a person on a level where you can talk about anything and everything it is wonderful. 
When you can be yourself and be a dork and they still love you unconditionally it is a great thing. 
I can't say I have a buttload of friends like that. But the ones I have are amazing.  
I have a bunch of acquaintances. 
But true friends that I could call at the drop of a hat and they would do anything and everything for me. Those are my favorite friends. 
I love those friends with every fiber of my being. 

One of those friends likes to give me a talking to every 6 months or so about being single. 
He seems to think that I need to find someone to keep me company. 
He thinks I need to start looking for someone. It's not that I'm not looking.   I am just very happy where I am. 
I enjoy my independence. I like being able to do what I want whenever I want. 
He doesn't want me to end up alone. 
The fact that he even cares enough to say something makes my heart smile. 
But it also makes me sad. 
Makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong in life. 
I don't believe I will end up alone.
I believe I will end up with one of my current friends. I don't know which one. But I think at some point I will end up with a friend who we just start hanging out with. We like to spend time together. We like to do the same things. We travel together. Maybe it will eventually cross over into something more. Maybe it will become sexual. Maybe it will become a full-blown relationship. Or maybe we'll just be best friends from now until the end of time. I'm fine with whatever way it works out. 
I don't need (don't even think I want) to get married to feel like my life is complete. I clearly don't need to have kids to feel like my life is complete. I can be cool Aunt Kate to all my friend's kids. 
My life feels really good right now. 
Most of my family drives me crazy. Isn't that their job? 
I have these fantastic friends who love me as unconditionally as I love them. 
I have a very satisfying sex life. 
I have a growing business that allows me to do so many cool projects. And keeps me busy but is as flexible as I want it to be. 
I have the ability to travel freely about the country for very little money. 
My life pretty much ROCKS! 

So, to my precious and wonderful friend... I hear YOU!  
I know what you are saying. 
I know you think I'm stubborn and didn't listen. But I took every word to heart. 
I love you and cherish you for being a good and true friend. 
Thank you for loving me and caring about me enough to say something. 
You are the BEST!!! 
You are correct we are all broken but we are great people. Also, we deserve to have great people in our lives.
Thank you for always making time for me!! 
XOXOXOXO 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment