DISCLAIMER:

I love my dog, football college is better than the NFL, coffee, wine, men and lots of swear words!! Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. These are mine. If you are going to be mean keep yours to yourself.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Football and Why!

I started this blog today and realized that I need to put more explanation into it.
So here are my teams and a little of why they are "MY" teams. Does anyone really care? Probably not but here it is anyway!

I am very passionate about football. College and Pros.

I am a Minnesota Golden Gopher and a Dallas Cowboys fan.
I cheer for any Big 10 Team if they aren't playing The Gophers.

I have become an LSU fan because some fantastic friends of mine are LSU Alums and have been gracious enough to invite me into their wonderful world of football Baton Rouge style.

I also, coached football and over the years I have becomes friends with several coaches associated with several different teams.
I support these coaches and their teams. I cheer wildly for them.
Maybe I am hoping someday they will get a head coaching job and I can be the Director of Football Operations (yes a dream job of mine) I also have a few friends who are brave enough to watch football with me so I cheer for their teams as well.

As of now here is my 2010 Roster of football teams:
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Florida State Seminoles
Georgia Bulldogs
Kentucky Wildcats
Miami Hurricanes
University of Oregon
West Virginia Mountaineers
Vanderbilt Commodores
The Citadel Bulldogs
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
Pittsburgh Steelers

I thought for a quick minute I was going to have another team to cheer wildly for because I thought I had found the man I was meant to be with...But he had other plans and failed to tell me about them.
I might at some point reveal this story since it would fall under the "love" portion of this blog but I am trying to play nice and not blast him in a public forum. He is just a slap dick (his words) assistant who was probably too old for me anyway. (Was that a blast?) Sorry it is hard to play nice sometimes!

Coaches I will not cheer for EVER:
Nick Saban
Steve Spurrier
Mike Leach
These men makes my skin crawl.
I trust my gut on people and these guys give me nothing but shitty creepy vibes.
(These are my own opinions so please feel free to cheer for whomever you wish)

Why do I love football?
I grew up in Texas! (isn't that reason enough?)
I also used this same line when I decided in my junior year of college that I wanted to coach football instead of becoming a sports photographer.
I thought if I grew up in Texas where football is God's gift that there was no reason in the world that I couldn't coach it. Which I did coach high school boys varsity football for 8 years. I coached linebackers. I loved every minute of it. I still carry my whistle with me at all times.
Thanks to Jim Wacker who became the Gopher's head coach while I was at Minnesota.
And Thanks to several people on Coach Wacker's staff who were more supportive and encouraging than they will ever know Marc Dove, Joe Pannunzio, Scott Brown, Chip Garber
Buddy Wyatt and Jim Zorn.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment